Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Iron Ether Xerograph Deluxe

In my search for a great filer, I came across the Xerograph. I moved from a Moog MF-101 Low Pass Filter to the Xerograph, as Iron Ether's offering is a fraction of the size of Moog's, and the power requirements aren't nearly so stringent. Though this was a high quality pedal, and I loved the acid-etched enclosure, I ultimately moved on it pretty quickly, as I had trouble getting sounds that I liked out of it. My aim was to produce sounds mostly with guitar, and, as it turns out, the range of the Xerograph's filter is much better suited to static, dub-style bass than it is to the range of sounds that I threw at it. It was really excellent at what it did, but--once I started to assemble the Moogertron--the MF-101 made a return as an indispensable part of my studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment