Saturday, November 3, 2012

Behringer DD400


My first delay pedal. Not proud of that. Unfortunately, this pedal has a major problem: it doesn't sound good. It does, in fact, to all the things a delay pedal might do--produces digital repeats, has knobs, possesses a switch that you step on to turn it on and off, &c. The trick is, with this pedal, all of those things kind of suck.

I don't know why I still give Behringer a shot. This pedal is housed in a crappy, thin plastic enclosure, and it sounds like what it is--a digitally modeled knockoff delay pedal. I thought maybe I'd found a diamond in the rough, but instead I found a pedal suitable only for bedroom players who tip-toe on pedals. I'm a big boy, and I tend to leave marks in flimsier metal enclosures, much less molded plastic. I kept this one long enough to not be able to return it. So I sold it. It will find a good home, but not with someone who cares very much about delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment