Friday, November 2, 2012

Pigtronix Polysaturator

I picked this pedal up from a local store's blowout sale for $45--they go for over $150 on a typical day.

This is my go-to OD pedal, as it is really transparent and has a lot of tweakability. My guitar sounds like my guitar; my amp sounds like my amp. This pedal feels pretty close to that unattainable pedal--the concept of "straight wire with gain"--and it is almost always on for the kind of stuff I'm playing. I like that it has a 3 band EQ, as my amp has...one knob, and, while I like its sound, I also like to be able to control a whole bunch of other things with my feet.

Being able to give myself a treble boost as well as pushing the gain a little harder going into a fuzz pedal is really useful. This thing can be really noisy, however. I play a strat-style guitar, so I can usually combat hiss and buzz by switching to a dual pickup setting. That usually cancels out phase and hum.

This guy is also really, really small! It's the same size as a Fuzz Factory (or similar pedal).

No comments:

Post a Comment