Saturday, November 3, 2012

Electro Harmonix Bassballs


I remember jamming out to the Red Hot Chili Peppers' One Hot Minute album when I was in high school. I would always sit in my 40-year-old VW and listen to "Aeroplane" before strolling into first period a couple minutes late. You know, just to show everyone that I was awesome.

One of the non-standout tracks on that sub-par album as called "Falling into Grace." Flea is using the unmistakable EH Bassballs pedal on that intro--one of those moments you hear and go "whoa. I need that thing."

I picked one up for my brother, who is a superior bass player, and he never really got into it. I really liked the things it could do, particularly when paired up with the Morley wah pedal, but, at some point, it revealed itself as too limited a pedal. Auto wahs, envelope filters and followers and other pedals just aren't really my thing. I'd keep it around if I had one now, but I'm pretty sure I got my money back with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment