Saturday, November 3, 2012

Morley Optical Volume


This is nearly the same enclosure as that of the Morley Dual Bass Wah. This is the slightly newer version with the uniformly textured rocker pedal. Again, it is a total beast, but after hearing all that stuff about Ernie Ball volume pedals, scratchy pots, maintenance, &c, I figured I'll spend the $30 on an optical pedal that's built like a tank and save myself the headache.

I'm playing a lot of worship music, and volume swells figure pretty heavily into the texture-based stuff I'm doing. This pedals needs to work every time, and to stay put. Also, I'm 6'4", and wear a size 14-15 shoe. My feet have a lot of trouble nimbly stepping on all these little switches already, and little expression pedals don't seem to last a long time with me. Durability is at least as important as tone for me, so gigantic Morley pedals it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment