Saturday, November 3, 2012

Behringer US600


I really love pitch shifting pedals. I've always wanted a Whammy pedal, and I've tried a number of different stompboxes that met my needs in different ways. Ultimately, I wanted a pedal that could double my lines while keeping the original signal intact. I prefer true bypass when I can get it, and I wanted something that wouldn't eat up half my board (goodbye Whammy IV--the only affordable one).

So I figured I'd try out a recent Behringer offering, as they design knock-offs of better known and received products. It has some unusual features, like a "flutter" setting that has almost no use, as well as a difficult-to-master harmonizer setting that wasn't half bad. Mostly, I was interested in getting octave up/octave down sounds out of it, but would up being a little more digitally aliased than I was hoping for. The enclosures are pretty much garbage, too, as they're so chintzy as to require a metal plate in the backplate to keep their pedals weighed down.

I found a good deal on a POG 2 and rendered this pedal unnecessary. I think I'm ready to give up on Behringer, as I've owned a handful of their pedals and I never end up finding much use for them. Electronics are perhaps not something to skimp on.

No comments:

Post a Comment